Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Open Letter to the National Assembly/President of Nigeria

Mr. President, Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan (GCFR), President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria
Mr. Senate President,
Esteem Senators,
Mr. Speaker House of Representative,
Honorable members of the House of Representative,
Chief Whips, Majority and Minority Leaders Houses of Senate and Representative.
Committee Chairmen,
Fellow Countrymen and Women,

I will make this email/letter very brief and substantial, touching major area of national interest and concerns.

For 3yrs now, I have been conducting an independent research on conflict management and crisis resolution in the Niger Delta region. It has not been easy to say the least. During this period, I had invoked my intellectual capacity to full use, coming up with several outstanding breakthroughs. I have visited 310 communities and collected samples as regard the agitation of the region, and how it can meaningfully and genuinely developed. While militancy issue was rolling in an aggressive national debates, the  international community drew its attention on what the FGN can do to ameliorate the plight of the region, in order to curb the agitation, which has taken a dramatic dimension over the years.

I came up with a master-plan that would end agitation in the region, and Nigeria in general. I regarded the success i made in my report/research as a national breakthrough as a services i am rendering to my country Nigeria. As a patriot, I and my term (Friends of Niger Delta (FND) and Society of African Reformers (SOAR)) proposed, under my coordination, a master plan titled, “Road Map To Peace in Niger Delta”, which was later dubiously captioned as “Amnesty Initiative” by some intellectual property hijackers. Even the key players of the aforementioned groups were circumvented. It is evident how the Amnesty initiative is going, and the progress so far. Because we were not politicians, nor do we subscribe to the politics of godfatherism, we were wafted. But one thing was clear in the research/reports; there were modalities I pointed out, but none were followed. So the initiative to be honest is in a wreck!

After series of study of the Nigerian political trends, I noticed some issues and events were continually agitating to express its symbolism, every time it tried, they were oftentimes pushed back by a bigger force of a more political and socio-cultural nature. These issues include but not limited to Fundamentalism, religious extremism/violence, insecurity, Militancy, Espionage and Terrorism. As an Expert, and a Student of the Advanced Intelligence Studies institute in the (American Military University (AMU) and American Public University (APU)), and a certified member of the International Institute of Counter-terrorism/Counter-Intelligence (IICTCI) in Israel and US respectively, my knowledge of what was to come due to past and present politics, diligently observed from several recurring decimals from other nations, places, and their sliding tides to Africa, became an obsession. I notice it was going to be used as a weapon in answering some unanswered questions over time in Nigeria by several political, economic and socio-cultural forces. I decided to prepare a detailed proposal on how to curb the future threats.

It took me months of studies of Nigeria and Africa's political trends in the newspapers, television and other medias, i became confidant that the doom's day was fast approaching. I was the first to foresee the imminent strike by whoever was responsible on the October 1, 2010 Bomb Blast that killed more than 12 people and injured several others.

At various points, I dramatically followed events, and at different moment I first saw them before they happened. Readers may be quick to ask the question, “how come I knew all these, yet could not report the matter to the appropriate authorities?” or "why do I know so much?" Yes this is a fine question; nevertheless it is coming rather too late. Countless times have I warned! And I will enumerate them below as follows:

1. Niger Delta Governors Summit – of which I warned the organizers ahead of the event; I wrote to Rivers State government on change of venue and/or none disclosure of the forum venue, as I noticed some of the agitation and sensitive expressions what were not made public, yet some elements were talking about it. That is to say, this was a cryptographic leak from the inside, and as such I became weary of the whole process. You all know what happened.

2. When the threats was coming from various groups in the region as per development and NDDC’s responsibility, several utterance was decrypted, and I immediately swung into action, and discovered it wasn't going to be well with the commission, as such it will only take time before such commentaries are carried out in practice. I quickly strategically notified the NDDC through its MD, I Cc the Chief Security officers (1 and 2), funny enough, the letter got lost, only God knew what happened to it,  I still have a copy though. Barely two weeks from the letter, there was a bomb blast in NDDC Warri, and another bomb scare in NDDC headquarters Port Harcourt. Again I re-sent an Addendum to proffer some technical training to senior and junior staffs on strategic security concerns, but it was toyed with, perhaps because I had no political muscles.

3. However, when the political nomenclatures of zoning within the PDP took the centre stage of our national leadership debates in Nigeria; I studied it for a while. I traced back the events; and some of the issues on paper were ignorantly read, not knowing it had it underlying monoalphabitic substitutions. I was able to decrypt this ciphertext to plaintext, and behold I discovered strikingly, that an attack was underway against the Nigerian state. Further observation of these ciphers where not alphabetically connotative, the signatures were foreign from a classified nano-cryptological station. Which means that Nigeria was under a siege of an alien invasion, being mobilized by an organized domesticated collaboration, which are simply for some political and economic ends, which in my professional submission are grossly negative to our national interest, except to a few leadership class. I started writing on matters of security alerts to online journals. In addition, i was also compiling books to encourage our unity, so Nigeria cannot break; that it will remain united. Because the day we break, Nigeria will surely be invaded by alien distrators and musketeers.

Furthermore, I compiled my reports, which was to different bodies; I got no response other than an intellectual waste of time, due to the political lockjam that characterize the country. I booked an appointment to see the Senate president (Chief David Mark), it was futile; scheduled several appointments with Mr. President, it was disregarded. I wasn’t even allowed to cross the gate 1, Aso Rock gate. I came back depressed, but determined to see that those in the helm of affairs heard me. At least with my professional deposition, I routed the NASS, and presidency achieves through its websites, and I came up with e-mail and phone contacts.

I discovered during my surfing ordeal that the Senate had a committee I could equally submitted my report to without going through much hassle, so we can be invited for further deliberation on my research; or the committee could serve as a third party to broker a meet with the presidency on the issue. A direct call was made to the Senate Committee Chairman on National Intelligence and Security (NIS), “Senator Nuhu Aliyu Labbo” seeking an audience with him, we spoke at length, on what my team had to offer, I was convinced at the end of the discussion that he wasn’t paying any attention to what I was saying. Perhaps I figured out he may have been busy with other issues in the office.


He promised to call back after about 6minutes chat with; fulfilling his promise, he went further to ask me how I got his number. I was surprised the Senator (Chairman) didn’t know his number was published on the NASS website. Nevertheless, I advised he should check the NASS website for verification of what I had told him regarding the mystery behind how I got his number; that if he wasn’t aware that his numbers was in such public and critical website as NASS, then that is a serious issue of either ignorance or negligence. He told me categorically clear that the Senate was dealing with groups/consultants already, and they were not interested in what I had to offer, meaning I came late or something like that, and also warned me never to call his line anymore.



After several warnings and cutting edge perspective on the issues of insecurity and security in the country, I started posting my reports and researches in several online journals, such as http://www.nigeriansinamerica.com/; and the following links is a proof of my researches and reports, ignoring the typos however contained in them.


http://www.nigeriansinamerica.com/articles/4363/1/Averting-Conflict-Insurgency-And-Militancy/Page1.html.
http://www.nigeriansinamerica.com/articles/4371/1/Defining-Fundamentalism/Page1.html.



There are other strategic areas I am presently researching on; I will be disposed to render the NASS and FGN my professional expertise and services; which are not politically motivated, but in defense of my country from terrorist and espionage incursion.





With the above analysis so far, I am forced by the spirit of patriotic to make my knowledge known to the Nigerian government; this partner with the Nigeria SSS, DMI in fighting terrorism in its entirety.


I hope this open letter will not create a thought pattern which may further trivialize the fact contained in this situation?



Yours Faithfully,



Dr. Carl Collins Ogunshola Oshodi (PhD)

PhD. Conflict management
PhD. Conflict Transformation
M.Sc. Military Science
M.Sc. Clinical Psychological
M.Sc. Counter-terrorism/terrorism studies
M.Sc. Intelligence and ounter-Intelligence Studies
M.Sc. Strategic Security
B.Sc Applied Psychology
Certificate: International Institute of Counter-Terrorism (Israel/US)

No comments:

Post a Comment